Monday, March 9, 2009

Ever the Skeptic....

I just finished my Evening Meditation (Doreen Virtue) and there's a part of the visualization right at the end where you ask four angels to come stand guard outside your home so you can fully relax and know you are safe while you're sleeping. I saw myself opening the back door and popping my head out just to see if any of them needed a sandwich. "It's going to be a long night....you guys hungry? Maybe just a little nosh....I've got some munchies...some Cheese-Its if anyone likes. Alrighty then...well, I'll leave the door unlocked for you just in case...."

So with all my spiritual longings lately, there's still a part of me that's planted firmly right here, right now, all is visible and a part of me questions all the fluffy stuff. There's a big part that wants to believe in the power of God and the existence of angels - and that part believes in them, or at the very least, wants to - but there's still The Eternal Skeptic, that part of me that makes silly jokes during meditation.

Earlier in the meditation, Doreen said something about calling the Archangel Michael to our side and that whenever we call he immediately appears next to us. My immediate reaction: "Really? How the f*#?! do you know?"

So hmmm.....I guess I still have a teeny, tiny bit of work to do on faith.

No comments: