Friday, January 25, 2008

The Non-Walking, Creeper Crawler

My nearly 14-month-old is still not walking but she's creepy crawling all over the place. That's what my husband and I call her movement style. Sophia kind of looks like Igor, one knee down as she drags the other straightened leg along, jettisoning across the hardwood floor. A master cruiser, she is actually rather graceful despite the Igor reference, moving from coffee table to sofa, crawling along the floor and then over to a chair and up, up, up into my arms. She's super fast and often appears right under foot when I'm at the kitchen sink when just moments before I saw her clear across the living room. Quick and quiet. Except of course when she's yammering on about one thing or another. We assign all sorts of topics that she's enjoys speaking about, pretending she's made a fascinating point about the Obama campaign or about a classical piece of music we're listening to.

No comments: